Peace. Love. Unity & Respect.
These are the principles that guide us, right? They should be that's for sure. The principles have been in place for decades now, but I can remember times when these words were forgotten, the scene became sharp and dangerous. And, at least for some of us Peace, Love, Unity and Respect melted away.
Weird things started happening in clubs, acts of madness, madder than usual, maybe it was the demise of Ecstasy or maybe we forgot to tell each other the importance of maintaining the unwritten agreement that we all had to stick to these commandments, who knows. But here's a dictionary definition as a reminder, just in case we all needed it.
Etymology: Middle English pees "peace," from early French pes, pees (same meaning), from Latin pac-, pax "peace" --related to APPEASE, PACIFY
- a state of quiet; especially : freedom from public disturbance or war
- freedom from upsetting thoughts or feelings
- harmony in personal relations
- a state or period of peace between governments b : an agreement to end a war
This one's easy! Peace within and without, be peaceful to each other, and yourself, even to those who aren't being peacful to you!
- a quality or feeling of strong or constant affection for and dedication to another <motherly love>
- attraction based on sexual desire : the strong affection and tenderness felt by lovers b : a beloved person : DARLING
- warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion <love of the sea> b : the object of attachment or devotion
- a score of zero in tennis
What works for me here is just to try and love everything and everyone. That is once you've worked out what love is for you. I'm sure it'll be defined properly one day :)
- the quality or state of being one
- the state of those that are in full agreement : HARMONY
- a mathematical quantity or combination of quantities treated as equivalent to one in a calculation <called the distance between earth and the sun unity and calculated other distances as multiples> b : IDENTITY ELEMENT
- the combination or arrangement of parts in a work of art or literature that produces a total effect
We are all here and there together right? So lets act like it!
- relation to or concern with something specified : REFERENCE <with respect to your last letter>
- high or special regard : ESTEEM b plural : expressions of regard or courtesy <pay my respects to your family>
- 1DETAIL 1b <perfect in all respects>
Well what do we mean here as respect? I would suggest respect for each other, for our environment and ourselves, holding these things in high esteem ensure that we work in unity in safety, for me respect is the most important commandment.
I guess I'm saying next time you're out raving, remember that guy who knocked you one too many times, or looks dodgy, that could be you next week mate. So be nice.